Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Introducing the Infophile

With nothing to do at work a few days ago, I started poring through the internet, following whatever links caught my fancy. My obsession with learning came to full bore, and realizing this, I tried to think of a way to describe this obsession. The term I came up with was "Infophilia," which combines "info" of "information" with the "philia" suffix used for obsessed.

Various other factors led me to decide to turn this into a new online identity, but mainly, I wanted to use this neologism to highlight my academic side. This is what that persona is for. I've already gotten a ton of ideas for my first few posts, and hopefully I'll be able to take a break from learning in order to help spread some of my knowledge and wisdom to others via posts here.

But of course, this all comes with the disclaimer that I am human (probably), and I do make mistakes. And if I do, call me on it. I'd rather be right in the end than wrong since the beginning.

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" - Keynes

No comments: