I figured that after my recent rant about comment deleting, I owe you guys the courtesy of explaining my position on the matter. Simply put, I try to avoid doing it; it keeps things more honest. But, there are some times I will.
I may delete your comment...
- If it's simply spam.
- If it's simply flaming or trolling.
- If it breaks any law of the U.S. or Canada. (I'm not going to risk being a party to it.)
- If it's a double post. The original will, of course, be kept.
- If you request that I do so, I agree with your reasoning, and it wouldn't cause confusion by being missing.
- If it's completely irrelevent or off-topic.
However, I might not delete your comment...
- If it's humorous enough to keep and mock.
- If its existence makes you look bad, and I don't feel like helping you look good.
I'll leave on the "recoverable" option for most deletions, though I won't bother for deletions of double posts and some really outrageous spamming.